Posts Tagged what is
I thought I’d share a little gem that we’ve got posted on our Wiki.
This should hold most people over while we move in. More will come real soon, promise.
What is Think Haus?
Our current vision of the Think Haus Space goes something like this:
We want to create a place for:
- meeting up with people that have an interest in the “Maker” culture
- sharing tools and knowledge
- working together on projects that are bigger than one person
- reaching out into our community and showing people there is another option besides the “do as you’re told” consumer culture
- applied engineering
- being social
For people who:
- are Hackers, Makers, Crafters and Artists
- “get” the Make Magazine idea
- think 1950’s Popular Mechanics was awesome
- prefer to take things apart and put them back together better
- like to meddle with gizmos and blinkylights
- consider themselves hackers in the MIT and Berkeley traditions
- thought “Real Genius” was awesome
- want to play with lasers
- can’t afford / aren’t allowed a work space of their own
- want to share what they know
This is by no means a complete list of what we hope to achieve, but it’s certainly a good start.
Think about how the history of Hamilton is intertwined in the “make it happen” ethos of the DIY mechanic, the basement engineer, the warranty violator, the patent ignorer.
Hamilton was once known as “The Ambitious City”.
Come and be ambitious with us.
Because it’s going to be a heck of a good time.