New Improved Lazzor – Now Cuts Circlez!

We have Trevyn, Jason, and Mike’s hard work to thank for the laser now being able to cut circles!

, ,

1. #1 by Steve Watson on 2010/01/13 - 12:37 pm

I want one of these: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/28942124

Any suggestions?

2. #2 by Adina on 2010/01/14 - 4:57 pm

What do you want to make it out of? (Trevyn says, “There’s one in Toronto.”)

3. #3 by Steve Watson on 2010/01/15 - 8:36 am

Probably styrene. You can buy scale brick-embossed sheet (I’m guessing that laser-scribing all the brick lines would take forever). The laser would be used to cut the walls to size and cut the door and window openings. The little arch details above the windows would be cut and scribed as a separate piece (perhaps wood) to be applied to the model. The window sashes and doors would also be separate pieces (on wood laser kits I’ve built, these have been peel-and-stick parts on a separate carrier from the walls). I’m not sure what to do for the band around the middle of the building.

The one in Toronto is 160X too big.

4. #4 by Dan Matan on 2010/01/15 - 10:57 am

“Woo, that’s not good” ;)
    Looks very nice.

5. #5 by Zafer on 2010/01/23 - 4:11 pm

I once played with Trotec Lasers (Austrian make). Actually built their first Canadian www site several years ago. I remember creating logos in Corel Draw and laser engraving the design using all sorts of materials; glass, wood, leather, denim, granite, paper…. Tremendous fun!

6. #6 by Adina on 2010/01/30 - 1:14 pm

@ Zafer
    That’s cool! Do you know how powerful the laser was? We haven’t tried glass yet. I’d never even thought about engraving a lot of those materials – we’ll have to run some experiments.

7. #7 by Zafer on 2010/01/31 - 12:24 pm

It’s going back sometime now… my client (friend) was the sole distributor for Canada then. We were using one of the Trotec Speedy series in-house. If I’m correct, it ranged from 60W to 200W. Sealed CO2 laser. Depending on the application, it was comparatively more flexible and more productive than other lasers in its class. It had a honeycomb table with a working area somewhere around 50″ by 30″.

Comments are closed.